Oven Brisket Recipe Simple & Easy
I recently shared a photo on Instagram >here< of an oven brisket over the weekend. As per a request from a follower, here is the recipe you’ve been waiting for. This simple oven brisket recipe takes the worry and guesswork out of slow cooking a brisket in the oven. Simple and easy directions and prep make this recipe perfect for beginners oven roasting a brisket for the first time or a fool proof rub from the freshest ingredients. It’s perfect for those who want to cook up a mouthwatering brisket without the hassle of the grill on colder days. It’s a must have a recipe for any brisket lover and sure to make any beef lover’s mouth water and taste buds sizzle!
Oven Brisket Ingredients
2 TBSP Coarse Salt 2 TBSP Coarse Black Pepper 2 TBSP Chili Powder 1 TBSP Garlic Powder 1 TBSP Sugar 1 TBSP Cumin
Large (4+ LB) Grass fed Beef Brisket 1 1/2 c Beef Stock 2 Large Onions
Oven Brisket Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Unwrap and pat dry with a paper towel the brisket and let ‘breathe’ while preparing
- Now make a dry rub by combining coarse salt, coarse black pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, sugar, and cumin. Mix well. This can easily be doubled for larger briskets.
- Chop onions in half and then slice per preference longwise.
- Season both sides with the rub, place half the chopped onions on a roasting pan and set brisket on top. Place on the lowest rack uncovered for 1 hour.
- After one hour, add beef broth and enough water to yield ½ of liquid in the pan.
- Lower the oven to 300 degrees F and cover pan tightly and continue to cook for approximately 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Trim the fat and slice meat across the grain in your desired serving sizes. Top with juices from the pan.Enjoy this mouthwatering, tender brisket year around with your favorite side dishes. My family gave this recipe a 2 thumbs up!
Would you like a copy of this Pasture Perfect Recipe for future reference? Below is a print friendly version by simply right clicking the image and opening a new window. Don’t forget to like, share and comment. Here at Pasture Perfect, we love hearing from you.